Eye drops and medications
Common eye drops and medications, including glaucoma medications, Pred Forte, Xalatan and Artificial Tears eye drops
Click on the below eye drops medication for more information
Home care instructions for eye drops and eye ointment
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR’S ORDERS IF THEY DIFFER FROM THIS SHEET
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Look toward the ceiling with both eyes open.
- Pull lower lid down – steady your hand on your forehead.
- Put a drop of medicine or small strip of ointment (1/4 inch) in the sac behind the lashes of the lower lid.
- The tip of the dropper or ointment tube should not touch the eyeball itself.
- Do not give more than one eye medicine at a time – wait 5 minutes between medicines.
- When using both ointments and drops, use the ointment AFTER the drops.
- Try to keep your eyes closed for one minute after instilling drops to obtain maximum benefit from medications
DISCLAIMER: Your eye medication should be used according to your doctor’s orders. The information provided on these eye medication pages is only a generality. Always consult your doctor before altering the way you are using your drops.